Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Slippery Slope!


Thursday PM. Stuff is in bags (mostly). Have everything we need (mostly).

Tomorrow is the pot luck here for friends nearby. Thank you to everyone who has contacted us to wish us well and to those of you who generously have donated to the project! It is quite astounding the things that can happen from one little idea voiced into the world! Great place, the world.

For fun I thought I'd post a relatively ancient photo of myself (I think I was 24 in this one). Understand that this is pretty much how I feel (OK, so I am lying, but you can forgive the poor guy). At that time I was leading bike tours for a cycling company here in MA. We'll get something a little more current posted from the pre-game show on Sunday morning (all this is predicated upon the assumption that I will a) be able to get the computer to work from my tent, b) am still conscious enough to manage the additional physical demands of the day, c) there is not anything else much more pressing at that moment!)

Enjoy the pic!

3 comments:

  1. I remember that groovy guy....what happened??? :) I'll do 100 jumping jacks each day for you and Karina. Then toast you with an extra-rum-laden mojito...or two. Be well and see the big picture! xoxSara

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOO exciting. What an adventure this will be -- and one you'll never forget. Best wishes, and keep us posted!

    Susan Janssen

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a great launch to the trip! Jeff B

    ReplyDelete