Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ditto

Good Morning. 6:30am, and it's Groundhog Day (as in the Bill Murry movie); it's also the first day of summer.

It is not raining yet, but it reminds me of when I was in Ireland with Jon and Steve and we seemed to be endlessly stuck in clouds and rain, the morning conversation would go like this (each phrase was spoken daily, by each person, multiple times per day for ten days): (upon waking one of us would unzip the tent flap, stick their head out and survey the day) "How's it look out there?" "I think it looks brighter, we might be OK. (momentary optimism)" "yeah, OK. (reality strikes)" Then it would rain as usual, though the precipitation was blissfully punctuated by multiple stops for Cake, Butter and plenty of beer. Rarely noticed the rain in the afternoons, though the conversation repeated from pub doorways, or sheep barns, or from under eves or awnings.

Anyhow, it is looking brighter outside. And, I am sure that by the time we get to Kansas that we'll all be remembering the cool. wet, rainy and overcast days with heartfelt romance, wishing that we'd have some shade.

We have somewhere around 70 miles to go today. Happy Father's Day!

4 comments:

  1. Well I wrote a nice letter and this program didn't let me send it!x4%6778@#$%^&*. I'll try this again. J.P. and Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!! The 2nd time it worked. Sounds like things are going great. Karina way to show the old man how it is done!!! Go easy on him today, after all it is fathers day! Also at least you are riding in the rain, some of us are working in it, so quit you bitchin!! Marian and I would love to see some pic's! J and Marian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you dad! Hope everything is all right it seems that way. Have you gotten the titrikes yet? Everything is all right here, I have designated that fathers day is now daughters day. I love you daddy.
    Much love,
    Lilah Beverly feitner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Peter and Karina,
    Sandor and I just remembered to start tracking your trip. We are impressed with your enthusiasm, endurance, and how much fun you are both having. Best of luck and we will be thinking of you... Fair winds and following seas to you both!
    Laurie and Sandor

    ReplyDelete