Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tuolomine Meadow

The cell phone is being a pain, so sorry about not returning calls. Probably it is some very simple problem, but all said, I am still a bit of a technological idiot!

We are in the backpackers area at Tuolomine in Yosemite. Tonight will be our second and last night here. Tomorrow (tr) we ride through the park, 50 miles, and will visit the valley where all the people are and all the big sights (el capitain, etc). We may spend one additional day there before heading downhill and towards the Pacific.

The meteorite shower that I woke up at 3am to see was a washout due to the brightness of the moon. We'll be out again tonight, but before the moon rises.

Weather has been outstanding; today is sunny and calm and lazy. It's after noon and we are laying in thetent; karina reading and me pecking away. Soon we are off for the afternoon, going swimming I. The river where the water cascades into pools, yea. Two days off the bikes, paradise.

Karina is counti g down the days until we are done. We are still meeti g great folks, some we get the names and faces and some only the faces.

I'll post a huge slideshow once we finish up. Until then, as long as the phone cooperates and I can keep a charge in the phone, I'll keep tossing up some single photos.

Hi to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment