Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cummington

Got back home last night from Oakland via Phoenix and Washington DC (don't ask me, I just get on the plane and ride). Pulled into the driveway about 1:30AM. Very happy to be home and back at last into a world with a keyboard, glasses that I can find, and the abillity to actually read what it is that I have written. Hopefully the mispelled words will decrease (at least the ones that I really do know how to spell).

Sometime over the next several days of settling in I will get into the little digital cards that hold the buckets of photos, will organize them and put them up in some sort of slideshow.

Sadly I missed seeing several people in San Francisco who I had not seen in some time. One was a near miss where the altering of schedules at the last minute (my fault) had me departing the meeting place 50 minutes too soon (though now I have preserved a great reason to return out there). The other fell victim to the curse of the cell phone, my bad eyesight, and my general adversion to simply picking up the telephone and calling directly (though, on my behalf, I did call several people, and the hotel charged approximately $10 a minute for what I could have gotten for free (yeah, nothing is free, but anyhow, the illusion of free). Regardless, on the whole it was about as great a trip as I could have hoped for.

Another funny life coinsidence, I am on the plane home and I open the in-flight magazine, and there is this photo of this guy and I thought he looked familiar. Looked again during the second leg of the flight, then finally on the third leg I read the name associated with the photo and there it was, 25 years ago I worked with David at Cabbagetown Cafe in Ithaca, and there he was. When I get done with this I get to write to him! Life is great!

I'll have more to write over the next week(s), but for now I am again a home body doing whatever it is that I do when I am at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment