Sunday, May 24, 2009

Three to go!

So we are at the gym yesterday, me and Karina, and after an hour of good work I look at her and say: "I don't feel like I have been doing much, what about you?", she says "nope, I don't feel like I have been working at all!" Thats the good news. I think we are feeling physically in the ballpark to get going, and we still have three weeks.

We got cycling shoes yesterday and a couple of pair of cool shades (I'll try to get a photo up later today to show you all just how cool they are!)

There was a nice little article in the Daily Hampshire Gazette the other day telling about our project. It seems more real now, I mean, after it's been in the paper and all.

There is still lots of organization to do. Camping gear comes out this week to get checked and put into shape. Clothes are pretty well under control. We are still training on the house bike and the borrowed trike; got pedal clips to install so we can get the real feel of being "clipped in".

Karina has another week of school and then tests, then the last week to get everything else together and we are off. It is interesting to have an end date for the trip (if we didn't have one, then the school year would dictate one anyhow). With more time to either leave earlier in the year, or to be able to take extra time at special places, that'd be nice. I think a lot about the heat and sun these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment