Friday, May 22, 2009

May 22

Hi All,

Man, things are heating up now with just over three weeks to go until we begin the ride. Every day there is a new twist and turn, and I am not even talking about being on the road riding! Just organization, timing, shopping, piling, sorting, etc., each task is involving but they are finite by force of time.

And, it's been getting hot here, temperature-wise. Just this week over 90 degrees. The sun is hot, in that kind of burning my skin kind of way. There is little doubt that I am going to get scorched along the way. I am stocking up on sunscreen and I am experimenting with a "nose shade" that'll hopefully keep the skin on my nose for the summer.

Karina's school is out in another ten days, then it'll be all getting ready, all the time. She is excited and nervous (as am I) but if you know her at all, you know that she'll keep on pushing - a real trooper,

Ken has been hard at work from his end and it is impressive what he can get done!

It'll be very interesting to transition finally to the activity of mostly riding.

I'll be starting to write more regularly now. as time gets closer. Still intending the daily update from the road. Have been crash-coursing in all the new technology that can support that process. I am sure there is an easier way than what I am doing, but if I actually found and was doing that easier way, then I might not be the kind of guy who would take a summer and do this with it!

The week before we take off, I will update this blog with all the sponsors and some additional thanks to everyone who has helped get this together.

More soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment