Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 2 - getting ready

OK, so we are beginning to organize details. Routes, sponsors, underwriters and donors. And here I thought all we would have to do is ride our bikes! Oh, did I mention that we are not riding bikes? In order to make things even more interesting (and to spare the part where my backside goes numb), we will be riding recumbent trikes!

These new trikes are being produced by Ti Trikes, a great new company in CT. The frames are titanium, tons of great new features including a new front wheel drive (ie, much shorter chain!).  We won't actually be getting the trikes until later in the Spring, but they will be new, and gorgeous, and worth the wait!

In the meantime it is off to the gym for the general conditioning and tune up. We have a way to go (trust me, I really do have a way to go!)

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment